Objective of the project
The project aims to create a portable X-ray machine that will be used in schools and universities to explain to students the physics and applications of X-rays. The specifications of the machine have been chosen so that with Scholagil it is possible to carry out targeted experiments showing the properties of radiological images and the influence of the acquisition parameters on the data acquired.
The intern will then acquire:
- Extensive knowledge of X-rays and their applications
- Knowledge of the architecture and functioning of an X-ray machine
- Knowledge of the design and construction of a machine
- Ability to program and control the equipment given
- Work experience in a leader technological company
- Ability to work within a dynamic and diverse team
The student of automation engineering (bachelor or master) / computer engineering (bachelor or master) will base the project on a combination of computer simulations, control programming and practical experimentation. In particular, the student must both cooperate with the members of the team to learn from them how the electromechanical architecture has been designed, and at the same time work at Gilardoni S.p.A to develop the control and communication software of the machine.
The intern must meet the following requirements:
- Enthusiasm and desire to get involved
- Good programming and control knowledge
- Ability to use the communication protocols provided to connect all parts of the machine
- Ability to develop visual interfaces for implemented programs (or willing to learn)
- B2 level of Italian.