As of this spring, Gilardoni’s new industrial Computed Tomography (CT) scanner will become operational at the destructive testing labs and CND MotivexLab in Avigliana, Province of Turin.
A first in Italy, the 450 kV CT scanner, which is produced by Gilardoni, permits both frontal and overhead loading of samples with a maximum weight of 500 kg and a diameter of up to 700x1200mm.
- Reverse Engineering: it is possible to scan a sample without prior information and extract a CAD model.
- Failure Analysis: permits actually entering inside the object. The 3D scan allows for an analysis of every plane and axis, without damaging the sample in any way.
- Dimensional Analyses: measures all the proportions of interest, internally and externally, even with the most complex geometry
- Quality Control: detects inconsistencies, punctures, cracks and other defects.
The analysis software will examine all the data automatically. As a result, the client will not only receive the point cloud image but also a complete and comprehensive report.
- 450 kV tomography cabin
- 16” 16-bit per 100 micron flat panel
- Automatic axes movement system
- Maximum diameter 700×1200 mm
- Analysis samples up to 500 kg
- Dual monitor control panel
- Workstation with Computed Tomography software
- Report delivery in 24 hours
Tomography for quality control, creating prototypes rapidly, reverse engineering
Avigliana’s MotivexLab industrial CT scanner is equipped with a dual monitor control panel: the first one is smaller and illustrates the system management programme; the second is for visualising the image and the analysis programme.
The panel is near the loading door and can be moved easily. A keyboard and trackball are on the console, a protected USB connection allows for rapid data transfer.